After our meet-up at Corner Kitchen on 9 October 2017, we wanted to share our discussion points with the rest of our membership. The notes below are the results of the discussion which happened that night.
What Environmental Issues are most important to me that are currently threatened or could be threatened by the Trump Administration?
- Park Lands & Funding (National, State, & Local)
- Superfund Cleanup
- Planting trees in the City of Dayton
What can I do?
- Volunteer for local park.
- Speak to legislators in the language that they use and understand.
- Put pressure on Local Government (City) to plant more trees.
What can DIFA do as an organization?
- Put pressure on Area Government (City, County) to plant more trees.
How will I build resilience and maintain my energy and perspective?
- Understand that anything political is a process and takes a long time.
- Talk about values, not specific politics, with people who see things differently than you.
- Last Chance: Preserving Live on Earth by Larry Schweiger
- Five Rivers Metroparks
- KeepWayneWild.com – Wayne National Forest Gas Leases
- EPA Superfund Sites Near You
- Brad Parscale on 60 Minutes – Genius Behind Trump’s Facebook Campaign
- E.P.A. Announces Repeal of Major Obama-Era Carbon Emissions Rule – New York Times, 9 October 2017
- Dayton Area Solar Cooperatives
- Citizen’s Climate Lobby – Dayton Chapter
- Tree City USA– Program Information
- Compost Dayton